Yeah...I know.. I said that I wasn't going to blog, everyday. However, I have been reflecting a lot, tonight, and realized one of my errors and what I need to be doing to correct it. I felt that others could benefit from it, also.
I have a problem with the hobbies I choose. Yes. I spend time working, and I relax with activities, after. However, I realize that my hobbies tend to be what I would call performance hobbies. I am DOING them for others to see, benefit from, etc... a very social aspect ingrained into all of them. Even my blogs and what I am doing, right now, is an expression of this aspect of my personality.
However, I am moving towards a very solitary life. In general, most parents whose kids are growing face this at some point. I am just facing it faster than others. What do you do with your time, when you don't have an audience? It's kinda a hard thing for me to think about, and I am sure that I will post to social media about it, from time to time. But, I need to establish some solitary hobby goals.
I was reading a great article on activities for one from Popsugar, and here are a few that I want to do, myself.
1. Reading - I don't know why this one was such a shocker to me. I used to read, once upon a time. Then, I got into writing .... for others to read. Things got in the way, and I lost the habit. It would be a good thing for me to start doing, again.
2. Learning Another Language - Actually, I want to learn a few. However, I will start with the one that I already know the best from old school classes...Spanish. I put Duolingo on my tablet, and I want to start practicing a little each night.
3. Games - I have already started to do this one and have installed some games that are not intended to earn money on my phone. I want to do this on my computer, as well. One day, I will get a console to play, as well. Though, that one will probably wait till Florida to save money.
4. Meditate / Spelling - the article mentioned meditation, which would be great for my peace of mind and soul. However, it also gives me a chance to do more spelling, which I have been sorely lacking.
Florida Hobbies - Will Begin After the Move
5. Photography - To really do this hobby, I need a camera, and that is an expense I can't do till I get to Florida. Before that, all extra money goes to that purpose.
6. Single Person Athletic Activity - I want to take up golf, again. That requires club money.
7. Learn a Musical Instrument - Technically, I could start to do this, now, as I have a guitar I never learned to play. However, I am more interested in learning to play the keyboard, which will be something I buy in my Florida years.
8. Ham Radio - I actually had a Ham Radio license, once. It was fun. I would like to get a radio to start, again, but those radios are VERY EXPENSIVE. So, it will be further down the road.
What hobbies do YOU want to learn to do?